Sunday, June 05, 2005

Riding the 320S down Yonge at 6:30 a.m.

I guess I could have driven since there is plenty of parking available in the city core on Sunday morning at 7:30 a.m. But I only drive if I have to so I opted to ride the bus down to the SLA convention. Naturally my preferred choice would have been the subway, but since this is only the largest city in Canada and nobody actually works downtown, it only starts running at 9 a.m. So anyways I left early on Sunday morning, grabbed a coffee and stood at the corner waiting for the bus. It came at about 6:30 and was already half full. Luckily I managed to get a seat in the back that provided me a chane to look out the window. As we made our way between York Mills and Lawrence I noticed that every other car turning on to Yonge had a single white male in it wearing a golf shirt. The joggers, cyclists, dog walkers and homeless people were equally distributed down the length of Yonge with the exception of the homeless being more evident south of the Toronto Reference Library.

No comments: